What is the desired weight gain in children between the age of 4&5 and then between 5&6? My kids have gained just about 2 lbs each in the last yr.

In brief: Depends on the child
A boy who stays at 5th percentile on weight and height should be about 30 lbs at 4yr, 34 at 5yr, and 37 at 6yr (gaining 3.
5 lbs a year). A 95th percentile boy should be about 44 lbs at 4yr, 51 at 5yr, and 58 at 6yr (gaining 7 lbs a year). The numbers for a girl are a little different, but the idea is the same. Only with the doctor's growth chart and a check-up can one tell if growth is normal.

In brief: Depends on the child
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: It depends
I agree with the first answer. In addition, if a child is healthy and growing consistently it is not as important where he/she is on the growth curve.
Look at your baby pictures and dad's. What did you look like? Many kids are lean in the younger years and then "fill out". A healthy lifestyle and balanced diet (not fat free in kids) produce healthy kids and healthy immune systems.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cindy Juster