Why might my 4 year old have a blue ish tongue? Occasional awake sneezing [1 2x/day], increased snoring overnite [no t&a], no pauses/gasping noted.

In brief: Likely Normal

The tongue surface becomes gray before the older skin cells shed.
Food & meds can stain the tongue.Examining the inside of the eyelid is a better reflection of blood oxygen if that is ? & pink means the brain is getting good o2. T&a and other lymph glands in the head/neck grow faster than the kid 0-8yr then stabalize. Snoring is a common transition stage that subsides by the teens in most.

In brief: Likely Normal

Dr. Paul Cohen
I agree that foodstuffs are the most common culprit in "blue" tongue syndrome. Sleep apnea can present as snoring in severly overweight children.
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Snoring not normal

Your 4 y/o should not be snoring.
Despite no pausing or gasping... Hypopneas (partial breaths) are more likely in pediatric sleep apnea. I would start by getting an overnight sleep study. Let the results guide treatment: if mild osa... Nasal steroids may be helpful: moderate to severe apnea.. Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy are indicated.

In brief: Snoring not normal

Your 4 y/o should not be snoring.
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Mike Deldar
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: He may have allergy

Leaky gut syndrome, he may have some food allergy.

In brief: He may have allergy

Dr. Mike Deldar
Dr. Mike Deldar
Dr. Shontae Buffington