I have unbearable pain due to disc problems, spinal stenosis, spurs, bulging discs, little help from meds. Would tummy tuck help decrease pain?

Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Nope.

Tummy tucks (witch hazel) are not performed to relive pain.
The tummy tuck is a cosmetic operation used to smooth the belly. It removes excess skin, lower abdominal fat and tightens to abdominal muscles. It does not treat the spine or any of the symptoms you describe.

In brief: Nope.

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not Likely.

I am sorry to hear about the significant painful symptoms you are experiencing.
No, tummy tuck surgery will not improve your situation. Best to be seen by a “spine specialist" ( orthopedic or neurosurgery).

In brief: Not Likely.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: That would not be my

Recommended choice of treatment and there are other treatments other than medication including: exercise, weight control, avoiding smoking, pain management techniques, back supports, etc.
See a spine specialist for an evaluation and guided treatment plan.

In brief: That would not be my

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Charles Davant

In brief: No, but

If you are obese, taking off a lot of weight will help your tummy and might take some of the load off your back.

In brief: No, but

Dr. Charles Davant
Dr. Charles Davant
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

It will have no effect on spinal stenosis or any of the other conditions you mentioned.

In brief: No

Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Not in my opinion

Your list is of MRI findings none on that list are likely to cause unbearable pain you need a diagnosis for the pain and a guided treatment plan see a spine or pain specialist the leg pain from spinal stenosis is very treatable you dont mention where your pain is.
Back pain is frustating to treat.

In brief: Not in my opinion

Back pain is frustating to treat.
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery