Is it bad to let my baby cry if he wont stop crying?

Dr. Judy Orton
In brief: Yes but depends
If you are at the "end of your rope" feeling, absolutely put your baby in a safe place (crib) and walk away, decompress, call for backup from others if available.
Check for reasons: hungry, needs to burp, too hot (too many clothes), has a documented fever, diaper change, threads or hair caught on fingers, toes, penis (completely strip baby down to check), signs of illness - call the doctor.

In brief: Yes but depends
Dr. Judy Orton
Dr. Judy Orton
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Baby may have colic which causes a great deal of pain and crying. Talk to your pediatrician about the crying and also ask that colic be ruled out. There is medication to help if it is colic, and also for other causes of pain. See your doctor.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Yes depends
Expanding on the first answer..
.If your child cries excessively, see your pediatrician. Also consider diet and environment. Many babies cry more because they have a digestive issue that may not be obvious. Dairy and dairy based formulas( or mom breastfeeding and drinking milk) can aggravate a baby's digestive system. I have had good results with chinese medicine and chiropractic as well.

In brief: Yes depends
Expanding on the first answer..
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Shontae Buffington