I'm having pain and recently dx. With diastasis rectus. They say no surgery...How can I help with pain?

Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Not the diastasis

Diastasis recti almost never causes pain, which is a very nonspecific symptom. In other words, pain has many causes, and diastasis recti is not on the list.
Surgery for this problem can help he bulge if that is important, but is unlikely to relieve pain. Hope this helps!

In brief: Not the diastasis

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle
Dr. Andres Katz
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Maybe

Diastase rectii is a weakness of the midline fascia between rectus muscle .
Surgical correction is possible but requires a component separation (major surgery). Strangulation does not occur with diastasis. At your age you might consider observation.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Andres Katz
Dr. Andres Katz
Dr. Joan Sy

In brief: ?Diagnosis

Unless recently torn, weakness in the abdominal wall is seldom painful.
I recommend you seek another opinion to make sure that is the true source, but in the meantime if the pain feels as though it is muscular and truly within the muscle portion of your abdomen, then warm compress for 30minutes, 1hour off, possibly anti-inflammatories such as aleve/advil and can use tylenol (acetaminophen) 2hours later if needed.

In brief: ?Diagnosis

Dr. Joan Sy
Dr. Joan Sy
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery