Recently, after 1-2 hard alcoholic drinks I am inebriated. I even passed out at dinner after one martini! why might this happen?

Dr. Imad Khreim

In brief: Reversed tolerance

This is called reversed tolerance, it is a sign of advanced serious effect of alcohol on the liver, the liver is unable to metabolize alcohol.
In the uncommon situation where you are not a drinker and surprisingly you develop this reaction, then it is possible you are having some liver problems. In either situation , you really want to see your doctor and completely stop alcohol.

In brief: Reversed tolerance

Dr. Imad Khreim
Dr. Imad Khreim
Dr. Daniel Zanger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Alcohol

Acute drunkedness can cause vommitting at times seizures but generally people sleep it off.
Long term alcohol use will cause liver and possible heart damage not mention a host of social problems and possible car accidents ... Not a good thing.

In brief: Alcohol

Dr. Daniel Zanger
Dr. Daniel Zanger
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology