Can sitting in a hot steam room for 10 to 15 minutes daily impact my gastrointestinal and digestive processes?

Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: Possibly

Steam rooms are usually relaxing environments and (from an alternative health perspective) can be helpful by promoting the body to release toxins and allowing the muscles to relax.
..This may be beneficial to aid in bowel function and peristalsis overall. Unfortunately there have been no studies I am aware of to prove this. Never spend more than 15 minutes in a steam room; and care if your highbp.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Adam Smith