27 years old with hyperinflated lungs? I have had chronic anxiety and stress and am wondering if this could have caused it or is it asthma or copd?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Anxiety or Asthma

Could be either or both.
A visit to a pulmonary specialist would clarify that, following thorough medical exam & pulmonary function tests.

In brief: Anxiety or Asthma

Could be either or both.
Dr. Thomas Klein
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Asthma

Asthma is most likely.
Hyper-inflated lungs is a hall mark of asthma. COPD is rare in a 27 yr old. Stress can make asthma worse and asthma can make stress levels rise. I have found that a peak flow meter is helpful in patients who have high stress levels and asthma. The meter helps patients differentiate stress from asthma. It can reassure that the lungs are fine when stress is elevated.

In brief: Asthma

Asthma is most likely.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology