Can I take Advil, lisinopril , and aspirin?

Be careful

Open-uri20130127-6209-16ehouj
Generally I do not recommend this combination. Ibuprofen and lisinopril together can trigger kidney failure especially if the patient becomes dehydrated. Secondly long term use of ibuprofen can actually raise blood pressure reducing the effectiveness of the lisinopril. That being said, it is usually OK to use for 2-3 days, or every other day but only 400 -800 mg a day of ibuprofen.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Advil Asa Aspirin Bayer Blood Blood pressure Esrd Halfprin Ibuprofen Kidney

answered:

Check with your doc

Lisinopril
Advil is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory which can affect the kidneys, as can aspirin. Lisinipril is a blood pressure medication that can affect the kidneys as well, and the combination may work synergistically. Check with your doctor to see if there are concerns about your kidney. Labs may be needed to see if the benefits of these medications outweigh the risk for you specifically.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Advil Antiinflammatory Asa Aspirin Bayer Blood Blood pressure Halfprin Ibuprofen Kidney