I just started getting severe pain in my lower left molar that goes away with advil (ibuprofen). I think it is my wisdom tooth. Is that dangerous/fatal/treatable?

Dr. Christopher Rathfoot
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Yes/rarely/yes
It does sound like an infection where the imflamation is causing the pain.
The danger with these is when the infection spreads to the surrounding tissues and creates an abcess. These can be very bad infections and certainly the tooth should be looked at.

In brief: Yes/rarely/yes
Dr. Christopher Rathfoot
Dr. Christopher Rathfoot
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: No, no and yes
Tooth pain generally is not dangerous but should be evaluated by a dentist.
We don't want infections to go untreated, in case your symptoms are from an infection. Besides, seeing a dentist early may prevent more extensive work later on.

In brief: No, no and yes
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Srijan Mehta
General Practice
In brief: Wisdom molar pain
If a wisdom molar is troubling you you should see your dentist you should possibly need to have it extracted and looked at with an panoramic x-ray

In brief: Wisdom molar pain
Dr. Srijan Mehta
Dr. Srijan Mehta
Dr. Vikram Patel