Upper back pain since last may.Dr ordered CT of chest. It was clear. Also took early cdt lung cancer blood test the magea4 was positive. Worry?

Dr. Nathan Pennell
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: What for?

Mage a4 is not an approved screening test for lung cancer, was this done as part of a research trial? Lung cancer in a 39 year old with a clean ct chest would be very unusual, and in a person with very low risk of cancer any screening test that is positive is most likely a false positive.
I would suggest discussing the purpose of the test and results with the doctor who ordered it!

In brief: What for?

Dr. Nathan Pennell
Dr. Nathan Pennell
Dr. Gregg Friedman
Gregg L. Friedman MD Psychiatrist agrees.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me help you

Because your doctor has ordered cancer blood tests or other laboratory tests to look for signs of cancer, it doesn't mean that a cancer diagnosis has been made and you have cancer. Find out what your doctor might be looking for when cancer blood tests are done.

In brief: Let me help you

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Vikram Patel