Can wisdom teeth cause painful swelling on the lower jaw and neck?

Yes. Infection from impacted wisdom teeth can cause this. Your dentist may want to put you on antibiotics and/or drain any swelling. Or it is possible they may elect to extract immediately. Get this looked at asap!
Yes. If you are experiencing this you must get to your oral surgeon now. The swelling indicates infection and it will get worse and can travel to your chest. Not something to mess around with . Get going asap. Good luck.