If you have a normal pap smear while pregnant, but developed skin tags in mid to late pregnancy. Could it be HPV warts?

Yes it is possible. Yes it is possible, but not all skin tags are hpv warts. You should show them to your OB at your next visit.
Hard to say... Hpv warts can have the appearance of skin tags. However, the increased hormone levels of pregnancy can stimulate small skin tags or nevi (moles) that are normally present to increase in size and become more apparent. If there is concern, discuss the possibility of removing them following the delivery especially if there will be the pain control of an epidural available.