What can I give to my 7yr old to relieve the pain of his ears "popping" while plane is taking off & landing?

Dr. Jeanne Beymer
In brief: Sugar-free gum
Chewing gum, preferably sugar-free gum with the sweetener xylitol, can help equalize the pressure in his ears.
Eating or drinking in general can help as well. If he is at all congested, you might also consider a decongestant. Finally, there's always the old standby, tylenol (acetaminophen). Safe travels!

In brief: Sugar-free gum
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Melvin Glover
In brief: Gum.
I would allow the child to chew gum on take off and landing to help with the discomfort.

In brief: Gum.
Dr. Melvin Glover
Dr. Melvin Glover
Dr. Cindy Juster