How can I keep my baby safe in the sun?

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Cover them up

When your child is under 6 months try as much as possible to keep them out of direct sunlight.
However, if you are out you should try to cover them up, using hats and sunscreen on exposed skin.

In brief: Cover them up

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Julia Sundel

In brief: Cover up

Infants under 6 months of age should be kept out of the sun.
So, sitting under an umbrella or tree are fine. Make sure your baby has lightweight clothing on arms and legs and is wearing a brimmed hat. You may apply sunscreen with an spf (sun protection factor) of 15. Avoid being out in the sun between 10 a.M and 4 p.M when the sun is the strongest.

In brief: Cover up

Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Julia Sundel