1 yr old has bad cough, he suffers with bronchiolitis often. He has been on antibiotics for almost ten days?

Dr. HARRY OPSIMOS
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Could be asthma

Any type of frequent infections and frequent dieagnoses of "bronchiolitis", especially if treated with antibiotics, need to be evaluated further. Bronchilolitis pretty much never needs antibiotics, since its cause is viral.

In brief: Could be asthma

Dr. HARRY OPSIMOS
Dr. HARRY OPSIMOS
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: Stop dairy in diet

Milk & dairy products can cause increased mucous.
I always recommend my patients discontinue all dairy until they are better. If this stops the problem, they may have to leave it out for good.

In brief: Stop dairy in diet

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
2 comments
Dr. HARRY OPSIMOS
There is no scientific evidence that milk consumption leads to increase in mucus. It is not indicated for children with bronchiolitis to stop their intake of nutritious milk during their sickness.
Dr. Mary Ann Block
The dairy industry has done a very good marketing job to get people to drink their milk. I have seen hundreds of people stop asthma symptoms and ear infections simply by stopping dairy. Studies indicate that cow's milk is the number one underlying cause of ear infections. Such an easy quick fix. It costs the parents nothing and if it works, you have your solution without use of antibiotics
Dr. Sari Nabulsi

In brief: Asthma

Coughing alot and getting the diagnosis many times points to the diagnosis of asthma.
It definitely doesnot require antibiotics. It needs special attention to triggers for the asthma, like indoor or outdoor triggers.

In brief: Asthma

Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care