What do you give a 4 yr old for a cold since the drs are now saying not to give cold medicine to kids under 6?

Dr. Becky White

In brief: A few helpful things

If your child is miserable with a cold, it's hard not doing anything.
However, no treatments stop a cold, they just help with symptoms. A teaspoon of honey, cool liquids and soup can help sooth a sore throat and help with coughing. Using vaseline or chapstick on their nose can help with soreness. Nasal saline can help with congestion and the salt can shorten a cold as it kills the virus.

In brief: A few helpful things

Dr. Becky White
Dr. Becky White
Dr. Pamela Middleton
Homeopathic remedies can be helpful for cold symptoms and are safe for babies and children.
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Homeopathy /TCM

In my practice I have chinese herbaceuticals that are amazing for colds and flu.
They consistently help and have replaced all the old cold meds i used to use. You can see them on my website www.Drcorneliafranz.Com. Homeopathy also works well. See if there is a homeopath in your area.

In brief: Homeopathy /TCM

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Marsha Davis