I took my daughter to get a sports physical today. The physician noticed a swollen lymph node on her neck.?

Most are fine. Lymph nodes are small organs (many people describe them as swollen "glands"). They work by giving a convenient place for the immune system to interact with invaders such as viruses and bacteria in order to fight them. I think of them as the local "battlefields" of the immune system and the nodes closest to the area swell. Have her see her doctor to make sure it is going away, but it is likely ok.
Usually is benign. Lymph nodes are located throughout the body & generally noticeable in exposed areas like the neck. They are usually pea sized at rest and enlarged when stimulated by bug bites, dermatitis, drainage or infection. They rarely can become damaged by infection & grow to golf ball size & need drainage or removal. Most enlarge and later shrink back down within a 3 wk cycle unless chronically s.
Lymph nodes. Swollen lymph nodes is common in children and could be benign condition. There are certain area where lymph nodes require medical attention, like supra clavicular, spleen or liver enlargement. But lymph node enlargement in the neck, unless it feels hard and attached to underlying structure should not be worrisome.