My son is 10 yrs old and he seems to be having a problem with soiling his uderwear. How do I help him?

In brief: See your doctor

A lot of 10 yo kids become very sensitive about stooling issues.
They may prefer to avoid stooling at school where their privacy may be less, have little time, or fear asking to leave class. If they forget to go on a regular basis, stool bulks up, balooning their colon & dries more, becoming harder to empty. Then they start leaking. See your doctor for a plan to get back to regular emptying.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Sari Nabulsi

In brief: Constipation

Constipation is a common problem in children.
Many times it is related to behavioral issues and low intake of fiber. After constipation get to be chronic, the children start soiling their underwear. It requires behavioral modification and stool softner.

In brief: Constipation

Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Cindy Juster