I am 16 and I am a diabetic and I have always wanted to get my naval pierced but is it to risky to get done?

In brief: All piercing has rsk

Piercing, like stepping on a nail, opens the skin barrier and invites germs to enter.Remember;makeup, clothes, hair color&piercings are not who you are, but may reflect a temporary feeling at a given time.
With proper precautions & monitoring a naval piercing should be ok for a diabetic, but understand you must monitor for infection until it heals. You are more at risk than your friends with this.

In brief: All piercing has rsk

Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

Because people with diabetes can have difficulty healing, putting a hole in your skin may cause problems in the future.

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Shontae Buffington