During laser eye surgery are you allowed to blink?

No. Drops will be placed in your eye so you can't feel any surface eye activity. A small device called an eyelid speculum will then be placed to prop your eyelids open, so you cannot close the eye even if you try. The surgery will then be perfomed quickly, first one eye, then the other. You should not feel any discomfort.
Don't worry... During laser eye surgery, your eye is prevented from blinking by a "lid holder". This device gently prevents the eye from blinking, even if you try. You do not feel that your eye is being held open, and do not have to concentrate on doing so.
Lid Speculum. Your eyelids are held open with a special holder called a lid speculum, so even if you wanted to blink you would not be able to do so.