How can I keep my eyes moisturized without having eye drops?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: It is difficult

Dry eyes can be caused by various factors, and we have few great methods of improving them. The most simple and successful is the use of artificial tears.
Additionally, there are medicated eye drops and devices that can allow the tears we make not to drain away from our eyes. The key is to determine and treat the underlying cause of your dry eyes. See an eye doctor to discuss treatment options.

In brief: It is difficult

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Ophthalmology

In brief: Oral supplements

Vitamin and oral supplements such as fish oils (omega-3 fatty acids) and flaxseed can help with dry eye syndrome.
Also the use of lubricating ophthalmic ointment can help the eyes be moisturized. Also, controlling your exposure to dirty, dusty, windy, and dry environments can help as well.

In brief: Oral supplements

Dr. Daniel Bustos
Dr. Daniel Bustos