How long should I wait to wear contacts with pink eye?

Till it's over. Your doctor should instruct you to stop wearing your contact lenses until your pink eye has completely resolved. Whether viral or bacterial, the critters causing your pink eye can survive on your contacts and reinfect you. Better yet, throw out that pair and start a fresh pair after your pink eye has resolved. But don't start wearing contact lenses again until after your pink eye has resolved.
Until you are healed. True "pink eye" is a viral infection and is unlikely to re-infect you, where bacterial conjunctivitis can cause repeated flare-ups. The main reason to wait until the infection has cleared is to prevent delayed healing due to irritation from the contacts. If this is bacterial, there is the additional risk of the organisms getting on/in the lenses and reinfecting you. Speak with your doctor.