The gums around my teeth are pink and the rest look red. Could I have gum disease?

In brief: Possibly

Pink gums around teeth are usually healthy gums but just because they are pink where you can see doesn't mean that you don't have gum disease.
Only your dentist can confirm whether or not you have it. 75% of adults have some form of it and those who don't go to the dentist for preventative care are nearing 90+% incidence. The gum tissue above and below your teeth can be a reddish or magenta color.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Felicia Mata
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Normal gingiva

Is coral pink in color and has stippling.
It is firmly hugging around the teeth. No pocketing, no bleeding, and not causing breath problems.

In brief: Normal gingiva

Dr. Felicia Mata
Dr. Felicia Mata
Dr. John Francis
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Maybe not

In a normal mouth, one will have thicker gingiva, much like the skin on the palm of your hand.
Further away from the teeth the keratinized gums stop and it turns into thinner mucosa, which is more red.

In brief: Maybe not

Dr. John Francis
Dr. John Francis
Dr. James Jensen
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Always possible

The pink areas you are referring to are most likely the gingival tissues and the red areas are most likely the mucosal tissues which are completely different tissue types.
Your description does not indicate disease. You can't , however determine if you have gum disease based on appearance alone.I would recommend that you have an examination with your dentist or a periodontist who could answer this

In brief: Always possible

Dr. James Jensen
Dr. James Jensen