I have brown eyes that are turning gray from the outer rim toward the pupil. Should I be worried?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology
In brief: Eye color change
If you are using certain glaucoma eyedrops, such as latanoprost or travatan, the eye color may change.
If you have certain diseases, the eye color may change. If the iris is changing color, you should be seen by an ophthalmologist for a complete eye exam.

In brief: Eye color change
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Ophthalmology
In brief: Probably not
What you are likely observing is a ring of white around the edge of the cornea called arcus senilis.
This is very common and is indicative of age-related deposition of cholesterol in the eye. It is a good reason to have your pcp check your cholesterol but otherwise usually isn't something to worry about unless you have this in one eye and not the other.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Dr. Vicken Poochikian