Why do my eyes burn at the end of the day when I have my contact lenses on?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Overuse
Burning sensation is a typical finding in dry eyes.
Contact lenses can dry out the eyes and cause irritation as well. If you have been a contact wearer for many years, this can be a sign that your eyes are becoming intolerant of the lenses. If you are new to lenses, you may be over-wearing them or need to lubricate your eyes. See your eye doctor to evaluate your eyes.

In brief: Overuse
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Rebecca Dale
Ophthalmology
In brief: A few possibilities
Some common reasons for poor tolerance of contacts include dryness, intolerance of preservatives found in contact lens cleaning solutions, poor fit and/or poor prescription.
A visit to the doctor who prescribed your lenses can help you narrow down what's causing the issue for you.

In brief: A few possibilities
Dr. Rebecca Dale
Dr. Rebecca Dale
Dr. Marsha Davis