Can asthma cause chronic sore throat? And feeling of swelling of throat?

Allergies? You may have allergies, which could mean a chronic post nasal drip, which can cause a sore throat. A truly swollen throat may represent angioedema. To sort things out, see your provider.
See your doctor. Asthma causes shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. A sore throat may occur if there is reflux or gerd causing the asthma. Gerd can cause a sore throat. A feeling of swelling of the throat could be a serious issue or just a feeling of mucus in the throat. It would be important to see your doctor to differentiate between the two because swelling in the throat is serious.