What are the treatments for floaters in the eye?

Dr. Allen Fein

In brief: Floaters are a Pain

While floaters may be a true aggravation, they are not something that your eye physician will get too concerned about, after checking for retinal tears.
Floaters commonly occur in people with myopia -see well close up, but poorly for objects far away. When they first appear, they are more annoying, especially while reading, as they dance repeatedly back and forth in the same area of one's vision.

In brief: Floaters are a Pain

Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Ophthalmology

In brief: Only one

I agree with dr. Fein.
There is only one "treatment" for floaters and that is major surgery. For this reason, most doctors do not advocate for this unless the floaters are interfering with your activities of daily living. Otherwise, most people's symptoms from floaters improve because the floaters either break up a bit, drift out of your view, or the brain learns how to ignore them.

In brief: Only one

I agree with dr. Fein.
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology

In brief: Floaters

Most common it is recommended to have an immediate exam when they first occur to rule out retinal detachment.
If there is only floater, then wait a year and if they are still symptomatic then consider a vitrectomy to remove the vitreous and floaters. There is not much information and acceptance on using a yag laser to treat them, do internet search if you want more on yag. I do not recommend ya.

In brief: Floaters

Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Peter Kurzweil