Are carrots actually good for your eye's ?

Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology
In brief: Vitamin A
The main vitamin component of carrots is vitamin a, and that is good for your eyes, in moderation.
If you have diabetes, too many carrots could raise your blood sugar, and that would be bad for your eyes.

In brief: Vitamin A
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Rebecca Dale
Best for your eyes: a balanced diet with lots of fruits and veggies along with sources of omega-3s like salmon and flax.
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Ophthalmology
In brief: Yes but myths abound
Yes, carrots are good for the eyes, but for most.
Are no better for the eyes than leafy, green vegetables. I say that because most people in developed nations get more than enough vitamin a in their daily diets than is needed to assure proper photoreceptor function in the retina (what vitamin a is necessary for). So taking more vitamin a doesn't improve vision, but an absolute dearth can hurt.

In brief: Yes but myths abound
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Dr. Daniel Bustos
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice
Carrots contain vitamin a which is good for the eyes.

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block