Advice on how to deal with low back pain?

Pinched Nerve/Muscle. Most times back pain that is sudden onset will resolve. You should use anti-inflammatory meds like ibuprofen, aleve around the clock and even tylenol (acetaminophen) to help. If this does not resolve you should see your doctor for a full evaluation. If it still does not resolve, I would recommend to see a spine specialist for a full evaluation and testing. You may need to get an MRI to see inside the spine.
Stay fit. Dont do heavy lifting, instead stay active, strengthen your core and back muscles (good to work with physical therapist). If you smoke then quit. If heavy then lose weight. All the best!