Why do I get red eye in photos but my friends don't?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: Red eye reduction
Usually it's pupil size (more dilated then more of a red reflex from the flash) and the relative angle of the light.
Light colored eyes typically have larger pupils in the dark.

In brief: Red eye reduction
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Better techinque!
Red eye is simply the light from a flash or other light source reflecting back from the retina of your eye through your dilated pupil.
Some cameras have a method to shrink your pupil to reduce the "red reflex". Talk to a trained photographer for techniques to help you. Not a medical problem but a medical/biological reason. Hope you are not "seeing red" due to my answer!

In brief: Better techinque!
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt