Why are my eyes always bloodshot?

Several causes. Dry eyes are the leading cause of "bloodshot" eyes. Allergies, excessive hours spent at the computer, and contact lens over-wear are also major contributors. Another possibility is a pterygium or pingueculum, a growth on the white of the eye caused by sun exposure. There are several other possible causes, many of which can be easily treated. See an eye doctor for an evaluation and treatment.
Allergies/infection. You could have allergic conjunctivitis, or could be an infection. It could also be due to high blood pressure. You should go see a doctor to have it checked out.