Does wearing sunglasses protect your eyes while on the computer?

Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Take breaks

Computers, electronic gizmos, and screen-staring can be such a huge part of our lives now.
Best way to protect your eyes (and neck, shoulders, back, wrists...Really, all over): be sure to take breaks every 30 minutes. Do something different. Get up and get moving. Good luck!

In brief: Take breaks

Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Damien Luviano
I like your answer better than mine.
Dr. Damien Luviano
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe

If you are protecting them fro flying objects, yes.
If you wish to protect them from flying dust, yes. If your goal is to protect them from radio and light waves, yes. However the waves are pretty safe. I would not recommend them unless you feel more comfortable wearing them.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Andrew Malinchak

In brief: Sunglasses

No.

In brief: Sunglasses

No.
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Not protect, but...

If you are getting headaches from a screen that is too bright causing you to squint, sunglasses or turning down the brightness can help with this.
The eyes themselves are not in danger, though.

In brief: Not protect, but...

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Andrea Brand