How is the rai dosage determined for metastatic papillary thyroid cancer?

In brief: Several factors

Amount of rai dose is caliculated , based on several factors, age, sex, body weight , extent of disease, blood levels reaching less than bone marrow toxic dose of lees than 200 rad .
Dose varies li greater than 1.10 (30mci) most of the doctors will not bother to know as the expert radiotherapists doctors who are specially trained will calculate and administer ri.

In brief: Several factors

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. David Djang
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Several factors.

John, the main factors i consider in determining rai dosage are: surgical pathology results, what does the rai scan look like (extent of disease, amount of thyroid tissue present), and how high is the stimulated thyroglobulin level.
I basically try to get a sense of how bad a person's cancer is, and what my range for giving a safe but effective rai dose would be. Hope this helps.

In brief: Several factors.

Dr. David Djang
Dr. David Djang
Dr. Arnon Rubin