I have kyphosis and was wondering what i could do for back pain relief?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me explain

It depend on the degree of kyphosis you have wither you need any special treatment surgically or by physiotherapy, if your case does not require any surgical treatment, you could some exercises and use advil (ibuprofen) if you can.
You log on this web site for the exercises. http://www.pilates-back-joint-exercise.com/kyphosis-exercise.html.

In brief: Let me explain

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Scott Kreiner
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See a physician

Kyphosis in and of itself is generally a painless condition.
If you are limited by spine pain, i would see a spine physician for an accurate diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: See a physician

Dr. Scott Kreiner
Dr. Scott Kreiner
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: Improving the pain

Cyle is important.
Do you sleep well at night? Do you clinch or gring your teeth at night? If so that is sleep related bruxism and the spasm in the upper back may ge related. In addition to the above suggestions, a low dose med that helps pain conduction and anxiety can help. Cymbalta (duloxetine) at 30 mg is great for that. Consider change if on other med, it takes norepinephrine for pain cntrl, mostdont.

In brief: Improving the pain

Cyle is important.
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Vikram Patel