Diagnosed with partial/marginal placenta previa (25 wks). Precautions? Worried about preterm labor, placenta has not moved up since 17 wk scan.

In brief: Try to relax!

It's still fairly early to be worried.
Most patients with marginal placentas deliver vaginally without incident. If this is your first pregnancy your lower uterine segment will not soften until fairly close to term so the placenta may appear to be low until fairly late. As long as there isn't significant vaginal bleeding you shouldn't worry.

In brief: Try to relax!

It's still fairly early to be worried.
Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Dr. Robert Gould
Radiology

In brief: Early labor unlikely

I recommend in my reports to the referring physicians in this situation that they get an ultrasound in the third trimester to make sure that there is no previa.
I would advise one sooner if you devlop any vaginal bleeding. Consultation with your OB physician is importatnt. Generally, placenta previa is of concern during the birth process, but does not in itself predispose to premature delivery.

In brief: Early labor unlikely

Dr. Robert Gould
Dr. Robert Gould
Dr. Adam Levy