I'm pregnant, not immune to toxoplasmosis.I was eating pork loin & i saw part of it was raw. I cut this part out and ate only the cooked part.Is it ok?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Need testing

Impossible to know whether toxoplasma gondii was present or infected you without testing you for antibodies.
If you are pregnant and seeing an OB doctor you may have already been tested and if you had antibodies then your fetus is safe.

In brief: Need testing

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
2 comments
Dr. Chevies Newman
The incidence of toxoplasmosis is low in the US while pork consumption is high. Furthermore, though not sure of incidence, not all pork is contaminated. The chance u got todo from this experience is very low probability.
Dr. Chevies Newman
Toxo, not todo
Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: Probably

Probably.

In brief: Probably

Probably.
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Jane Van Dis