What happens if you get lemon in your eye?

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology

In brief: Temporary burning

And irritation with tearing but should heal spontaneously without treatment.
Perhaps irrigation with saline or artificial tears would help. I would not be concerned unless still symptomatic after 24 hours.

In brief: Temporary burning

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: It will sting!

If you mean simply a fresh lemon squirted in your eye, then probably nothing will come of it after the initial contact.
I would try to irrigate the eye with water, eye irrigation of the like and observe. If you have undue pain, change of vision or concern, then seek medical care. It shold be just a nuissance. Sorry for the "sour note"!

In brief: It will sting!

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine