How do I bring down swelling in my eye after a spider bite?

Dr. David Sachs
Ophthalmology
In brief: See your eye dr
Spider bites can cause pretty sever localized allergic reactions and on few occasions infections.
Otc Claritin (loratadine) or other antihistamines may help, but you can also see you ophthalmologist who can give you drops or ointments that will help you to feel better quicker, as well as make sure there is no infection.

In brief: See your eye dr
Dr. David Sachs
Dr. David Sachs
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Ice and Claritin (loratadine)
Spider bites are usually an allergic reaction to the saliva or venom of the spider. Antihistamines (claritin, allegra, benadryl, (diphenhydramine) etc.
) can help with this type of reaction. Ice packs to the site of the bite can also be helpful. Watch for signs of infection (increasing redness, pus, blister, or fever) and see a doctor if these are present.

In brief: Ice and Claritin (loratadine)
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng