Would it be safe to use medical super glue to seal a cut on my eyelid?

Dr. Jennifer Lee
Ophthalmology

In brief: No!

Any cut may have foreign material that can causes an abcess or infection.
Sealing it can increase these risks! if it is very superficial it should heal on its own. If it is deep it needs medical attention.

In brief: No!

Dr. Jennifer Lee
Dr. Jennifer Lee
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Eyelid Trauma

Although it might be possible to use glues to bond the skin of an eyelid, the injury should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon.
The eyelid skin is so thin, that it would not be unusual to have some injury to the underlying muscle. Deeper tissues can not be "glued". I find that glues leave a lot to be desired even for the skin. When in doubt use small sutures. Best of luck!

In brief: Eyelid Trauma

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

You should really have any cut or injury on the lid checked by an eyemd first to be sure there is no damage to the eyeball underneath from the trauma that caused the cut.
Also very important to prevent infection. Sometimes we surgeons might use the medical 'super glue' such as dermabond but only after a thorough exam to rule out other injuries, to be sure there is no infection or debris in wound.

In brief: No

Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine