Is there a greater chance of infection the longer the bleeding continues after taking misoprostol for abortion? It's been two weeks and still bleeding

Dr. Steven Lindheim
Fertility Medicine

Its not the misoprostol, but rather it may suggest that there is retained tissue that may increase the chances of infections suggestions: 1.
Ultrasound to assess if tissue or clots still in cavity 2. Second dose of misoprostol 3. If no apparent tissue then a Progesterone to help alleviate the bleeding 4. Lastly, if that fails- then consider a d&c.

Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: Not really unless

You have retained products.
It's more an issue of anemia if it's heavy.I'm sure u have follow up scheduled.

In brief: Not really unless

You have retained products.
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham