I had surgery 6 days ago (open cholecystectomy) and am healing pretty well, but I am exhausted all of the time now. Is this normal after 6 days?

Dr. Marvin Den

In brief: Post surgery fatigue

It is really too early to feel 100%.
You had major surgery. Everyone recovers at their own pace. As long as you are getting stronger each day, even a bit, would not worry. If not speak to your surgeon.

In brief: Post surgery fatigue

It is really too early to feel 100%.
Dr. Marvin Den
Dr. Marvin Den
Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Yes it is Normal

The healing process is nutritionally expensive, meaning your body needs rest.
The amount of work to heal causes your metabolism to gear up. So yes, it is normal. Some patients complain about this fatigue. Typically it fades slowly. You will feel normal, for an hour, and then back to fatigue. Make sure you check in with your docs. Call sooner if fever or vomiting develop.

In brief: Yes it is Normal

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Adam Smith