My skin around my eyes is very itchy, does anyone know why?

Dr. Luciann Hruza
Dermatology
In brief: Rash around eyes
The most common cause of eyelid dermatitis is from something your hands are touching that you transfer to your eye area.
Stop touching or rubbing eyes. Apply pure petroleum jelly several times a day with a q tip and take over the counter antihistamines such as zyrtec (cetirizine) to keep you from scratching or touching this area.

In brief: Rash around eyes
Dr. Luciann Hruza
Dr. Luciann Hruza
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology
In brief: Eczema/contact derm
Could possibly be due to contact dermatitis which is an allergic reaction to something in contact with the skin (ie: cosmetics, creams, eye makeup, cleansers) or atopic dermatitis/eczema.
Eczema can come and go and be triggered by allergies, hay fever, stress, pollution, irritation, rubbing. You should see a dermatologist for evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Eczema/contact derm
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee