Should i take advair 100/50 for mild/moderate asthma or should I try fix my lungs naturally? I'm afraid of some of the side effects i've read.

Dr. Robert Silge
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Define "naturally"

I agree there is no proven natural remedy if you're talking about herbal supplements, etc.
Now, if you have allergic asthma, immunotherapy is shown to improve asthma control. This is a long-term process by which your immune system is changed with regular injections of allergen extract (also referred to as allergy shots). Some would consider that more natural.

In brief: Define "naturally"

Dr. Robert Silge
Dr. Robert Silge
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Agree with Dr. Silge. Asthma treatment includes avoiding triggers (as possible), medications (quick relief and daily controller if persistent) and allergy injections if allergic trigger identified.
Dr. Jack Mutnick

In brief: Asthma is Serious

You should follow the discretion of your doctor, especially if you trust him or her. There are absolutely no proven natural remedies for asthma.

In brief: Asthma is Serious

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine