Ok sunday i went to the ER for vomiting. The told me my hCG was10. Monday stared bleeding mild cramping went to ER to see if i was having miscarriage was told level was18.Is this breakthrough bleeding?

Dr. Natalie Light

In brief: Needs follow up.

If you have just missed your period, then this could be several things.
A normal beta HCG will "double" (or get close) every 48 hours. You had a near double in 24 hours. However, with bleeding you will need follow up to become sure which of the following this is: 1. A normal pregnancy. 2. A miscarriage in the works. 3. An ectopic pregnancy. Follow up asap for additional labs!

In brief: Needs follow up.

Dr. Natalie Light
Dr. Natalie Light
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: It is very low

But rising appropriately, we look for at least 66% rise every 48 hours and u have met that criterion but get close follow up.
Gd luc.

In brief: It is very low

Gd luc.
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Arnon Rubin