Stopped my yasmin (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) on the 8jan13 had breakthru bleed which ended 11jan13 have been spotting on 2 occasions since why is this?

Depends. To answer your question, one would have to assume that you had an exam that makes fibroids, polyps, vaginitis, pregnancy, hyperplasia, and other abnormalities an unlikely diagnosis. Otherwise, irregular bleeding is common with the initiation of oral contraceptives and the cessation of oral contraceptives. The endometrial lining can take a while to stabilize after stopping the pill. Call your md.