Why wont the doctor prescribe me anything to help with pain after a rhizotomy?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Hard to Say

You need to speak with the doctor to find out what his/her stance is.
Some doctors write pain meds some don't. If that is their policy you may need to discuss your options with your pcp.

In brief: Hard to Say

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management

In brief: Consider approach

Asking them for non-narcotics.
I find that if you offer to comply with what they are offering for 24 hours, and simply state you have tried it (without being agressive) they will increase the power of the medicines used until you find relief. They don't want you to hurt. But if you come accross as drug seeking that isnt justified, they will be reluctant to participate. Submit to their advice key.

In brief: Consider approach

Asking them for non-narcotics.
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
You should be able to move that day. If you walked in, you should be able to move around immediately after Rhizotomy, and walk home.