What can I do for acid reflux I am on medicine, but got woke up choking from fluids that came up.What i do?

Dr. Loki Skylizard
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Discuss with DR

If you have reflux to such a degree, it is reasonable for you to discuss your gerd with a surgeon.
The medications will generally not stop the refluxing. They should help with the acid/burn component of the disease. All said, lifestyle changes are good not only for gerd, but for over-all health.

In brief: Discuss with DR

Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Part of treating…

Reflux is life style changes until meds are working optimally: elevate head of bed; don't lie down for 30-60 min after eating; avoid food triggers: alcohol, spicy foods (tomato sauce, salsa, pepperoni etc), fried/fatty/greasy foods, soda pop, caffeine; take meds with full glass of water (don't lie down).
With doc's ok can add second reflux med: ppi or h2 blocker or antacid. See doc.

In brief: Part of treating…

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. William Forsythe