Is there a way to relieve an uncomfortably tight foreskin with out having to get circumcised?

In brief: Steroid cream

I prescribe triamcinilone 0.
05% steroid cream, also known as betamethasone, to be applied to the distal foreskin 2 times a day for six weeks. This combined with gentle stretching of the foreskin should help thin the skin enough to allow easier retraction of the foreskin. A circumcision may become necessary if there has been chronic infection that has caused scarring of the foreskin.

In brief: Steroid cream

I prescribe triamcinilone 0.
Dr. Kristin Kozakowski
Dr. Kristin Kozakowski
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Steroid cream/ slit

0.1% Betamethasone cream applied twice daily to tight area of foreskin may relieve this problem. Otherwise a so called dorsal slit or prepucioplasty is a foreskin preserving procedure that will relieve foreskin tightness.
Good luck.

In brief: Steroid cream/ slit

Good luck.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber

In brief: Phimosis

A cream used for eczema called Elidel (pimecrolimus) may help but an in office procedure called dorsal slit can open the foreskin enough to allow one to pull the foreskin back.

In brief: Phimosis

Dr. Howard Usitalo
Dr. Howard Usitalo
Dr. George Klauber
I agree with the dorsal slit. In my opinion application of steroid cream such as 0.1% betamethasone works in about 50% of men, but phimosis recurs in 50% of thes. Surgery is best.