Sometimes a man can get an erection at the wrong time and/or place. What can he do to calm it down asap?

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management

In brief: Focus

Trying to consciously focus on what one is doing rather than thinking about it can help.
I've heard in some cultures men tie a string around the genitalia & thread it into their pockets. When unwanted arises, the string is pulled & its suppose to get rid of it! do not recommend this, but this illustration helps place this perpetual problem into perspective. Cooling & tensing the muscles can help.

In brief: Focus

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Icepack/cold shower

The fastest way to acheive detumesecence is to apply ice or cold waterto the genitals.
Otherwise temporarily leave the stimulating situation, i.e. Go to the bathroom.

In brief: Icepack/cold shower

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine